Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wait, a break...


I lied. I am not on top of things. I have so many inspirational tales to share with y'all from Eat Pray Love, but I've been distracted.

It's been a rough 48 hours and I apologize. Things have just been crashing down on me and it's been difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am so blessed to be at home during this difficult period right now. I haven't lived at home since I was 16 or 17, so this chance to spend time with my parens is amazing. Last night, I didn't get home from work until really late (think Late Show just started playing late), but my parents stayed up to give me a pep talk when I got home to make sure I was okay. My little brother is currently traveling around Cuba so it's like I'm an only child. I've always wanted to be an only child. It kinda rocks and I highly recommend it (not that I suggest ending the lives of your siblings, but ya know?!?)

But, back to the story - my parents are amazing because they've never treated me like a child. I swear, I was born an adult. I've always been independent and have never sought help. They've offered advice when I asked, but tried to let me learn things on my own. I never cuddled in their bed or crawled on their laps. We don't really like to hug a lot or act all 'family-like'. I wouldn't want it any other way - I love the independence they've given me. They don't baby me and I like it that way. I hate when people get all touchy-feely with me. Ugh. But, last night - all I wanted was a giant big hug and to cry in their arms.  I crawled into their bed and watched an old episode of Amazing Race, which had me crying tears of laughter instead of sadness. It was just what I needed.  I didn't realize that their bed was so comfy. What was I thinking? I should try to watch tv in their every night!!

They're not my only support system, but they're amazing. Big shout out to Rachel for talking me off the edge of a cliff AGAIN last night. This girl know just what to tell me to make sure I'm okay. I should be the one offering my support, but she just knew I was far too stressed out to even remember my name last night. She eased my spirits and reminded me of all the blessings I still have. Things might get chaotic and busy and out of control, but she always knows what to do and say. I'm telling y'all, I wouldn't be where I am today. I am so proud of everything she is currently accomplishing and I definitely look up to her. What an amazing role model!

I might be inspiried to start off the series tonight, but don't hold me to that. I've been avoiding homework today that I NEED to get started on, especially if I'm planning on spending the weekend in DC (hip hip hoooooray)!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment