Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Did ya know?


A friend of mine always tells me that she learns something new about me every day. For serious? I mean, yeah I'm a pretty quirky girl but still. I like to think I'm a pretty open book, but I guess I'm really not. My best friend Noelle is the EXACT same way. I think that's why we're drawn together. We're pretty closed off and guard ourselves like Fort Knox.

In an attempt to be more open, I present twenty-five neat things you probably didn't know about me...
1. I have the mouth of a dirty sailor. I swear and I swear a lot. Maybe it's the office I work in, I really don't know. But, since high school - my vocabulary has turned completely vulgar.


2. My dream is to retire in the Maritimes. Maybe, Halifax or New Brunswick. Somewhere peaceful where I can blast the Rankin Family and my neighbours will approve.
3. I'm attempting to learn Farsi. Just something to pass the time. I know, ridiculous.

4. I hate crowded areas and rooms filled with lots of people. Even after all these years of benefits and galas, I get really nervous and uncomfortable around a big group of people.

5. Boys are scared of me. I have some sign affixed to my back that scares them away.

6. Michael Jackson's Black & White was my first cassette and I listened to it every day for 4 years. I still break it out at least once a week.

7. If I weren't doing what I was doing, I would be a firefighter. I went to firefighter camp every summer until high school.

8. I have this crazy idea that I want to complete the Iron man within the next two years.

9. This is the first time I've ever grown out my hair. Not sure how I feel about it.

10. Pretty sure I was destined to be a Personal Trainer.

11. I can't watch Criminal Minds by myself, and yet I stay home on Friday & Saturday nights to watch the marathons.
12. I only date hockey players.

13. I still sleep with the teddy bear my ex-boyfriend bought me over 6 years ago. I also bring it with me on flights that are over 4 hours.

14. This past year, one of my best friends passed away in a car accident. I miss her each and every day, but I know she's looking down on me laughing.

15. I act all tough and boy'ish, but I'm actually pretty sensitive.

16. I haven't lived in the same city for more than 6 consecutive months since high school. Dallas will be the first.

17. As much as I brag about how much I want to go backpacking through Europe, I know I couldn't realistically live out of a backpack for more than 2 days.

18. Hiking and bonfires are probably my two favourite activities. Luckily, they are pretty regular occurrences in Canada. I've already scoped out the hiking trail that Fitz and I will use every day in Dallas.

19. When I'm sick, I will only eat matzo ball soup from the Jewish deli.

20. Last night, I chewed off my acrylic fake nails that were forced upon me because of my awful habit of gnawing at my nails. Complete waste of time and resources.

21. If I were to get married tomorrow, I could tell you who would be in my wedding party. Noe, Mals, Rach, Teira, Megs, Maris, Jules, and Heather.

22. The designer Jeff, from Flipping Out, reminds me a lot of myself. Watch and you'll be amazed at the similarities.

23. My best friend has been in South Korea since last year. I'm so proud of her for being this brave and courageous. She's coming home soon and is moving to my second home - Niagara on the Lake.

24. Speaking of Niagara on the Lake, whenever I am too stressed or just feel like the world is falling apart around me (which happens a lot in the field I work in), I drive back home to Niagara and everything is okay again. My grandparents are there, my family is there, and all my favourite quaint little bistros and stores are there. The whole region just puts me at ease - though I'm sure the wine has something to do with it too.

25. The only time you can get me sitting still for more than 20 minutes is when I'm having a pedicure. I try to get one once every other week to keep me sane.




0 comments:

Post a Comment