Thursday, February 18, 2010

And I'm BACK...

Suitcases, suitcase, and more suitcases. I swear, I have yet to unpack since I came home in January. It's been a whirlwind these past few weeks, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Spent the past weekend back in Virginia and DC...boy, do I miss that place. The people, the food, the shopping - it's all amazing. Had a great weekend just catching up with all my friends and spending time together. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Started off the trip with a looooong 11 hour drive. Stopped once in Syracuse and then just kept trucking along. Cynthia, my handy-dandy gps has a strange love for Philly and kept trying to redirect me. Nice try Cynthia, I'm a little smarter than that. My ipod lost power somewhere around Harrisburg so we resorted to the only two cd's we could find in my car: T Swizzle and Carrie Underwood. Those two gals kept me awake till Richmond. Made a quick stop in Richmond to brush my teeth and get changed before making the final trek to Virginia Beach. Got there around 9ish and immediately hit up the IHOP for caffeine and fuel (aka chocolate chip pancakes)...

Friday was spent with a complete tour of the Regent campus (beautiful, as always), as well as a tour of the USS Wisconsin and MacArthur Center. That night we headed out to dinner with some fellow 1Ls and then Jules and I hit up Karaoke. Epic adventures. Saturday we stuck around town because of the bad weather and decided to shop the day away! Also took the boys to Chick's - pretty sure I changed their lives. Nick discovered boat shoes and now has a strange fetish. I highly approve... That night, I went out for a delicious dinner while the boys toured the town on their own. Had a quick breakfast Sunday morning and then hit the road again - we were DC bound.

Best Valentine's treat ever - Nick and I FINALLLLLLLY found Mr. Yogato. Best fro yo of all time (and for those who know me, you know I've literally tried a bazillion fro yo flavors)..kept it simple with a little strawberries and granola, but it was delicious. They had Nintendo there too! The rest of the afternoon was filled with some prepping, homework and shopping (of course). Nick finally found a spring jacket and I found, well, more clothes.

Monday was pretty productive and then we were on the road again. I think all the traveling finally got to me as I lost my voice on the way home and felt sickeypants. Luckily, I'm feeling much better now, but the boys stepped in and did most of the driving (thanks boys)!! I drove for about 4 hours before I finally gave up the reigns in Pennsylvania. Woke up and we were at Arby's...woke up again and we were outside Nick's place on Kent St.

Already counting down the days till I'm back in Virginia....can't wait!


Post a Comment