Monday, February 8, 2010

Only 25 things..


List 25 random facts about yourself...


1. I'm a believer. I believe only the best in people and rarely see faults. I forgive quite easily and don't hold grudges. No matter where I go or what I'm doing, I believe. My beliefs are the only things that keep me ahead in this world..

2. I'm addicted to the Food Network and fall asleep to Iron Chef almost every night. I can name almost every show on the network, but my favourites are: Ace of Cakes, Everyday Italian, Top Chef, and the f Word. Fun fact: I can't cook. You would think by now I would have garnered some type of skill, but no. I can't cook.

3. I'm vegetarian and I was stupidly trying to become vegan. But, my iron levels are super low because I haven't eaten meat since the pre-historic ages so I might have to reintroduce meat into my diet. One word: ew. Me eating bambi? Not cool.

4. I'm currently homeless. For real. I mean, I have a home I'm staying in, but it doesn't feel like my home anymore since my parents are the only ones living here now. So, I'm on the search for a new place to live. I know I won't be in Ottawa for much longer so I'm avoiding settling roots here. Instead, I'm apartment hunting in Virginia...the beach seems like the perfect place to live for the next year.

5. I only love chocolate chip pancakes when my best friend Noelle makes them. Normally, I gag when I see carbs but her pancakes are beyond amazing. She also feeds me granola, which is the real reason we're best friends.

6. My parents are my best friends and the most amazing people ever. I called them on a Monday night saying I was coming home and they booked a one-way flight, no questions asked. We fight because we share identical DNA, but in the end they are my best friends. I tell them everything, which freaks out all my actual friends sometimes.

7. I've been living out of a suitcase for far too long this year. My frequent flyer miles are off the chain. I can navigate almost any airport with the speed of an Olympic runner, true story.

8. Even though I'm a city girl, I think I would be okay with living in a suburb or even (welp) the country. These past few months have taught me that although the city lights are intriguing and symbolize home, there's something about the tranquility of the country that is amazing. Go figure.

9. I'm a ridiculously positive person. Even after everything I've been through these past few months, I can still the bright spot and I like to share that with others. I'm a glass half-full gal.

10. Okay, I stopped being such a fanatic, but I have an unheard of collection of Florida Gator gear. Seriously, sweatshirts, tees, flip-flops. You name it, I have it. I have an entire box that I have dedicated to it. Blame it on spending copius amounts of time in Florida - I became a weird fan.

11. I have a handbag/purse collection that has reached a new unhealthy level. Prada, Chanel, Fendi - I have them all. They started out as gifts and now have developed into an addiction.

12. If lost, you can always find me in a big comfy chair at the starburcks by the st. laurence mall. With Parliament being prorogued, I spend more time there than necessary.

13. I am bilingual and academically bilingual. This summer, I'm going to attempt Spanish. Wish me luck!

14. My vintage copy of pride & prejudice has been annotated so many times, I don't think it would be possible for anyone else to read it. I can almost quote the novel - I've read it that many times. I also read multiple books at once and if they don't fit in my purse, I've been known to rip the halves I haven't read yet. Don't ever ask to borrow my books.

15. My favourite day of the week is Sunday. I wake up before dawn, go to bilingual mass, have brunch with my family and then shop/snack at the byward market. Sunday's are wonderful and I look forward to it all week.

16. I love neutral colours. Growing up, my bedroom was all white, which was so tranquil and calm. I'm a busy girl so when I am home, I like soft relaxing colours.

17. If the whole Government Advisor doesn't work out, I would love to be a firefighter. Growing up, firefighter camp was my favourite week of the summer. I still get all excited when I see firetrucks

18. I used to see myself settling down in Montreal, now I definitely know I want to spend more time in the States. Thinking DC for a bit, then maybe Texas or Atlanta. Wherever there's a consulate or embassy office, I'm there.

19. I prefer flying the redeyes. I don't like flying during the day. People annoy me and people on planes really annoy me.

20. I am extremely competitive and stubborn. It's the French in me.

21. I am considering running as a youth delegate in the next election. At this rate, it will be very very soon.

22. Wine is my indulgence. It is a family 'thing'.

23. I grew up in the most liberal household imaginable, for which I am greatly appreciative. My upbringing has most certainly shaped my political aspirations and/or views.

24. I still sleep with a teddy bear and I'm sometimes scared of the dark when I'm home alone. I also can't watch Criminal Minds without someone next to me or someone on the phone. You don't have to comfort me, I just like to know you're there.

25. I correct others when they are grammatically incorrect. I am constantly editing everything I read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment