Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Complications and Friendships

I had one friend bail on my birthday weekend, then another, then another confirmed, then another bailed, then my own father bailed on coming down so that left me and Fitz.

Then this morning, while I was gone, Fitz decided to eat two rather large holes in my carpet. So large, I could see them without my glasses, which is saying a lot because I'm pretty blind. Needless to say, Fitz really isn't fitting in well here. I work 24/7 and in between that, I'm a full-time grad student. I really don't have time to dedicate to him. It sounds awful, but it's true. So after sobbing my face off and finding out I have to spend $2700 on carpet replacements, Fitz is going to be sent home. We're just looking at options right now, but I think it's for the best.

Do the math and that means Fitz + Me - Fitz = just me on my birthday. Now, you can understand the tears.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

I would fly there if I could :( I am sorry. I will be alone on my birthday this year too. However, you do have something to look forward too! I bought you a present and I need your addy!!

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...

Oh my dear, I am so sorry. Nothing sucks more than a lonely birthday. Which is EXACTLY why your birthday is not going to suck! Because even though we can't be there in person, we would never let you have a lonely birthday. We, being the BFDRT (see my blog) love you so much and you can rest assured that we will be celebrating you on your birthday which MEANS that you won't be celebrating alone! Genius, right? And, not having pesky friends around on your birthday means no one gets to judge the frivolous things you get to buy and the amount of delicious food you get to eat. I say, 1) book spa appointments, 2) go to Aritzia and buy something (many things) you don't really need, 3) get a delicious dinner take-out style, 4) cuddle up with Pride and Prejudice and think about the time we saw it in theatres and that random guy sat next to us.

Also, remember that we love you always.

Rebecca-Elizabeth said...

You girls are amazing. It's going to be my last weekend for Fitz so I think we'll just stay in and relax and order take-out like you suggested.

Plus, I had bought Cowboys tickets for me and Rach and her roommate so I still have those. I can go to the game on Sunday if I want :)

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment